Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This war

So no one told me that when a terrible blizzard comes in that it is like a zombie invasion. My boss freaked when he looked outside and said Mac run home. We were not expecting it till later on that evening. I grabbed my 100 pieces of clothing walked out the door and was immediately pushed over by really angry cold. I walked down Belmont to the train station which it only a few yards away but I felt like I was walking after drinking my weight and then deciding to do the Nut Cracker on ice. Here is where the the panic was.... Everyone had to get on the trains before the storm really hit or the zombies came. It was like zombies were walking up behind us. People running up the stairs and yelling. People were being pushed on and off the trains and packed in like frozen meat. We were like cattle walking down the tunnels at the stations. Normally I have a seat on my hour long ride home but not today with all the zombies so many people were on the train it was all standing up for every one. I have a nice 8min walk after my last stop on the Blue line and I kind of felt like everyone in the world was inside but me. I finally made it and spent the rest of the evening eating and watching the snow eat decks sidewalks and cars.

Today it is 40 degrees out. I went for a walk drank some gin and enjoyed the heatwave. It is interesting to listen to ice melting all around you because normally you only hear it in your glass.
The snow melting also means all the goodies in the 18inches of snow and more are melting onto the sidewalks.
Goodies that have been hidden include:
Needles
Condoms
Big bottles of liquor
Trash
Baggies
Baby Bottles
Cups
Toys
And all free!

I should make a booth and have a prize give away!
It makes me happy that the squirrels have such an access to adult giveaways so they can use and make their homes a little more entertaining.

If you pack the back of your hood with snowballs you have almost a rapid fire line you can use on them.
Snowballs keeps them of off drugs.     

1 comment:

  1. don't forget poop! (in the goodies that is).

    There is a heat wave here in the Peg to, I love the sound of melting ice, I know just what you mean.

    ReplyDelete